The Pharmacist provides pharmaceutical care for our patients. Works with and supervises all manufacturing and compounding in the pharmacy.
- Prepares and/or maintains written control over medication dispensing and manufacturing. Understands and uses pharmacy reference material for drug information. Maintains adequate inventory of pharmaceuticals and other supplies.
- Interprets, clarifies, and evaluates appropriateness of medication orders for physicians and others credentialed or privileged to prescribe medication.
- Is competent in providing care to all age categories of patients served, modifying drug therapy as appropriate for the neonatal, pediatric, adult, and elderly populations.
- Understands the functionality available within the pharmacy computer system and is competent in applying appropriately.
- Participates in the drug education of others both inside and outside the department. Participates in continuing education programs as required by state law.
- Adequately oversees the pharmacy operations, maintaining an atmosphere of professionalism and efficiency for completion of the tasks at hand with the technician, intern, and ancillary staff.
Works with other healthcare providers and relevant policy-making and ad-hoc committees to establish cost management programs that improve drug therapy outcomes (efficacy, safety, cost effectiveness) and overall quality of patient care.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Scope of the Job Age Specific Population Served Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Infant (less than 1 year)
OSHA Category Category II - Some (but not all) employees in this job title may have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials, usually by location or specific departments. Position Qualifications Education and Experience: Required Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy
Work Experience: Required 1 year ambulatory pharmaceutical experience Desired Skills: Required Ability to... Computer Systems/Software/Applications operate computer Communication effectively communicate in technical and lay language Communication communicate with ease on a professional level General - All Positions have professional attitude in regard to motivation, cooperation, flexibility, confidentiality, ethics and personal development General - All Positions work cooperatively with a wide variety of people Reasoning/Decision Making be professional, honest and have personal integrity Reasoning/Decision Making develop new skills and keep abreast of new knowledge Desired Ability to... License and Certifications Required Pharmacist - Wisconsin (PHARMACIST)