The Senior Director, Marketing is responsible for activities related to the successful development, coordination, implementation, and advancement of integrated marketing plans for Diplomat and its subsidiaries. They will be accountable for measuring the results and tracking performance to ensure we are driving the strongest outcomes. Specific responsibilities include brand management, content strategy, proposal development, operational planning, corporate social responsibility expansion, and strategic direction for top-line growth. This position fills a key role in our expanded focus on client marketing efforts. The Senior Director must be able to thrive and motivate people in a fast-moving environment and work effectively with cross-functional teams to create innovative solutions. They will be a results-oriented, flexible leader, and have a can-do attitude. The Senior Director, Marketing is responsible for the management of a team of in-house creative professionals, agency partners, and outsourced vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
1. Partners with service line clients and the creative team to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy and supporting editorial calendar that drives the right level of engagement and growth for top-line sales.
2. Oversees written and oral communication and the ability to obtain information, apply knowledge of the business, manage the external perspective, edit, and communicate effectively.
3. Oversees design and digital development and the ability to leverage technologies in interactive strategy, trend monitoring, and SEO to advance marketing strategy.
4. Drives team expertise to deliver effective marketing tools that exhibit expertise in services and disease states, demonstrate awareness to the competitive environment, showcase a clear understanding and appreciation for Diplomat’s customer personas, and maintain brand integrity.
5. Accountable for a broad knowledge of the healthcare industry and related regulatory, legal, compliance, and policy requirements.
6. Directs Diplomat’s opinion development in government affairs interests at the state and federal level and ensures that government relations activities are coordinated within the enterprise.
7. Oversees the development of marketing solutions following the agile methodology to meet business complexities and leverage the power of marketing to drive sales.
8. Responsible for integrating diverse channels of advertising, meeting and conference planning, media planning, and services promotion, into the overall marketing strategy to effectively promote the organization.
9. Responsible for the maintenance of a good corporate image and exhibits skill in interacting with media regarding services, promotions, and issues.
10. Responsible for building trust and partnerships to enhance Diplomat’s reputation, drive cultural alignment, and support critical decision making for sustainable, transformational change in the local community.
11. Leverages internal development process and corporate communication to convey messages and influence employees to inform, engage, and align with business strategy.
12. Oversees regular audits, reporting, forecasting, and analysis of client project and toolkit performance, as well as team delivery, and makes recommendations on optimization and improvement plans.
13. Accountable for the broad knowledge of organizational finances and their impact on department business decisions in budgeting spend allocation to effect change and managing to plan.
14. Responsible for participation in professional societies and activities related to the specialty pharmacy industry in general and the marketing profession in particular.
Requirements include a master’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field and a minimum of eight years’ experience comprising people leadership with a proven track record of developing high performing talent and building strong relationships across the team and organization for demonstrated results. Preference will go to candidates with over ten years of experience and both in-house marketing and agency work experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Directly supervises employees in the Marketing department and outsourced vendors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra while analyzing data and generating reports.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Behave Ethically: understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
• Build Relationships: establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creativity/Innovation: develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
• Focus on Client Needs: anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Foster Teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Make Decisions: assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Organize: set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
• Plan: determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Solve Problems: assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.