Business Systems Analyst II - Finance
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AG0504 Business Solutions
The Business System Analyst will review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. The incumbent performs functional analysis, requirements definition, SAP modules and other systems configuration and testing. The role will document requirements, define scopes and objectives, along with formulating systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Communicates and collaborates with external/internal customers and stakeholders to analyze information and business needs to deliver functional and technical requirements to applications development teams along with business solutions to the company.
- Identifies business process best practices and suggests process improvements Responsible for conducting prototypes, developing functional specifications, data mapping, function mapping, setting of configuration tables and setting of transaction/ control tables.
- Leads evaluation and implementation of process improvements including needs analysis, scope definition and test plan development and execution.
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, data and workflow analysis.
- Assists in security/ authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation.
- Ensures that all deliverables are completed in accordance with Project Management direction; clearly and frequently communicate the status.
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs Investigates processes and identify root cause problems. Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Designs details of automated systems.
- May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
- Role typically requires between 4 and 8years of experience.
- CBAP certification a plus
Candidate must be/have:
- Experience in documenting processes; definition of functional requirements, identifying and recommending process improvements; conducting gap analysis, configuration; writing test cases; full life cycle testing; executing projects and system support
- Exceptionally proficient in identifying and solving problems while thinking outside the box; hands-on but capable of interacting with all levels of management and employees
- High degree of experience in writing of comprehensive and well thought out functional documents (FD’s). Writing sample of FD’s is required.
- Experience in improving business process to reduce rework on various office functions, multi-tasking between different projects
- Experience in data gathering, data analysis, and with SAP’s Integrated data warehousing (BI/BW)
- Experience in working with developers and other business partners in designing and development of new functionality or problem resolution.
- Experience in using Generally Accepted Accounting Principle/practices (IFRS/GAAP).
- Assist in User Acceptance testing (UAT)
- Debugging experience in coordination with development team
- Experience in SAP implementation and/or upgrades, including ECC 6.0 version
Required knowledge areas:
- Configuration experience and knowledge of the following areas - General Ledger, Basic Controlling, Inter Company, Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, New GL and Foreign Currency
- SAP’s Controlling functional modules
- Data Integration between SAP and Third Party Systems
- HP ALM or other incident and project tracking tool
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Configured and activated Material Ledger for multiple plants and/or multiple countries
- Actual Costing and Material Ledger with Group Costing, Multiple Valuation and Multiple Currencies
- Budgeting, Planning and Consolidations (BPC)
- Exposure and some knowledge in Inventory Management
- Well versed in integration of FI/CO, SD and MM
- Cash Management Applications
- Experience in preparation of report design and report creation using Report Writer, ReportPainter, and SAP Query
- Worked on LSMW (Legacy System Migration Work)
- 1099 Taxreporting
- SAP FSCM Modules
Successful incumbents will have:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related field Related experience with applications development experiencepreferred. Ability to work effectively with all levels of management in a deadline-oriented environment Excellent oral and written communication skills with organization and time management skills Ability to learn, demonstrate and apply knowledge of the business over to solutions and processes
CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.