The Account Manager Anesthesia is responsible for providing and overseeing the pre-sales and post-sales product application support of Critical Care customers and Territory Manager in the assigned territory. The position provides customer training on the use and application of the product in the clinical environment. He/she will also work in a matrix sales and support environment, along with an assigned Territory Manager and field service representative, to meet all customer and the Critical Care business requirements. The position provides follow up product training as required and directed. The Account Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the sales process and will report to the Regional Manager. The position supports the entire Central/Midwest Region, which includes Western PA, OH, WV, TN, KY, MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, ND, SD, NE, KS, MO, IA). It is preferred that candidates reside near the following major cities; Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis and Indianapolis.
- Clinical, technical and product support pre- and post-sales. This includes:
- Customer support and training during initial clinical application process and post-sales customer support.
- Support for existing customers with follow-up training, of software upgrades and accessory products and general consulting on use and application of the equipment.
- Clinical phone support as needed.
- Clinical and application education on products to customers, internal personnel, and sales team.
- Responsible for coordinating, planning and implementing initial clinical application and customer training on all Critical Care products. Utilizing only company and regulatory approved materials during all activities.
- Responsible for documenting all sales demos, and clinical support applications and events provided within their assigned areas or projects.
- Support the sales team by providing product expertise, assisting with product demos and clinical evaluations, and supporting evaluation of customer requirements.
- Determine the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which Critical Care products can best address their specific needs.
- Establish pricing packages by working with relevant personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Respond to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work.
- Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to the job function).
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Able to adopt the “Beyond Compliance Quality Culture” in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
- Able to practice verbatim compliance (exact compliance, no interpretation) with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures (as applicable to your job function).
- If your job description requires customer facing activities, you must thoroughly understand and comply with the Customer complaint reporting process and complaint procedures (As applicable to your job function).
- Able to promptly report any non-compliance issues to Chief QA, RA, Compliance officer or appropriate administrator, including the Compliance Hotline.
- Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or Pharmaceutical business.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
- Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Environmental Policy to ensure that significant environmental aspects that relate to actual or potential impacts with their work are executed to minimized the effects on the environment.
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of management any potential improvements that could reduce our environmental impact or to report activities that could result in a negative impact to the environment.
- Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Health and Safety Policy to ensure that the significant risks that relate to actual or potential hazards with their work are identified.
- Travel requirements are up to 75%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or Clinical Certification in either Nursing/RN with Anesthesia experience, Anesthesia Technician or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Anesthesia, in Acute Care Operating Room hospital setting.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Support experiencepreferred.
- Solid understanding of specified functional area, and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Must have training experience and the ability to present to large groups of industry professionals.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required.
- Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory’s objectives are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
- Able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Able to influence middle management and external customers on technical as well as new business solutions.
- Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting an examples, providing guidance and offering counsel. May lead a project team and participate in determining goals and objectives for projects.
- Carry out operations within an established budget.
- Able to meet and exceed the assigned sales plan on an annual basis.
- Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution in the assigned territory.
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Req Id 922