- Develop, coordinate, deliver and administer compliance and technical training to bargaining and non-bargaining unit employees including management. Interface with industry and regulatory agencies to keep current on the changes developing in the regulations.
- Provide internal consulting services to operating units including all levels of management ensuring current and future regulatory requirements are met. Work as a liaison with state and federal regulators on critical issues (such as incident investigations, policy improvements, participating in program audits).
- Coordinate, schedule and determine appropriate content and method of training (i.e. on-line training, virtual training and face-to-face training) for all employees (bargaining unit, non-bargaining unit and management) ensuring technical and regulatory requirements are met.
- Utilize business process tools (scorecard, management system processes, material and delivery evaluations) to improve efficiency and the quality of services and products delivered to the customer ensuring programs are effective.
- Provide direction to Technical Training staff to ensure complete and accurate documentation of training and evaluations. Manage and audit process to ensure programs and methods are compliant with current and future regulatory requirements.
- Reporting of annual compliance training as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science degree, Safety, or related degree (6 years of safety and training related work experience in the natural gas industry may substitute for the degree)
- 5 years experience working with gas compliance and regulatory requirements and/or a related technical area (DOT, OSHA, EPA, etc)
- Thorough understanding of DOT, safety and OSHA compliance requirements.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, project management, and communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Position may require extended periods of time at various customer sites
- Knowledge of ADDIE theory and application
- Journeyman experience in the natural gas industry
- Certified welder (CWI, etc) and/or weld inspector experience
- Knowledge of DOT