Manager, Business Vertical Dev
The Manager of Business Vertical Development will drive significant results by focusing on developing strong partnerships with selected Business verticals to drive top line revenue growth for Alaska Communications. Achieving Alaska Communications' revenue targets for all Business services by developing and managing select customer partnerships will be the primary focus for this role. This position is expected to be largely a senior and self directed individual contributor role, with strong competencies in serving as business and organizational sales support leader with the ability to lead across the company and between the company and outside firms.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Support the Business sales teams through:
- Build deep tenured relationships in each selected customer organization by taking the view that you work for your customer and having a deep understanding of the customer's business, operations and strategic and tactical priorities.
- Be a most passionate advocate for your customers in Alaska Communications. Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Create strategic sales / revenue opportunities with selected customers using a deep understanding of how technology can drive value in transforming customer operations / business combined with a deep knowledge of Alaska Communications products and services.
- Own / manage the development of the above relationships, the contractual arrangements, the achievement of performance and sales goals from each customer, and protect the total revenue base as an on-going relationship management function.
- Provide regular, concise, value-added market intelligence to the entire company to allow Alaska Communications a competitive edge on market competitors. Track industry trends, product segment growth, and market share. Prioritize engineering development and promotional projects for individual product lines. Manage product/ services line direction through an ongoing assessment of current products, pricing, and position; systematically develop and evaluate opportunities for new products/ services; and identify new target markets (jointly with industry marketing) and related strategies.
- Coordinate effectively with Service Delivery, Operations, and other cross-functional units within the company, ensuring an excellent customer experience, to include a smooth operational support, for Enterprise customers.
- Responsible for the assisting the Business sales team meeting and exceeding the revenue and MRC objectives as outlined by the corporate business direction.
- Customer Centricity - An attitude of customer as the key to success, and keeping the customer's interests paramount. Able to speak about the customer's business challenges and opportunities in a specific manner and if relevant, bringing that information into ACS so that telecom solution sets can be developed and then presented back to the customer.
- Business and Process Leadership - Understanding of business processes: a keen understanding of the sales process and associated metrics and measurement. A keen understanding of key telco processes (sales/service, ordering/service delivery, billing, customer support) and the ability to map processes and understand inter-linkages to each other and to the systems that support the processes.
- Technology Understanding and Expertise - Big picture view of telecom networks (Ethernet, IP, SONET, switching, wireless, microwave, satellite), the technologies, process and systems used to engineer, design, build and operate such networks. More importantly, understanding the technology trends that are of importance to your customers and having the skills to serve as a trusted advisor to customers in the technology space.
- Self Directed / Cross-Functional Leader - Ability to perform in a self directed manner, with the ability to lead cross functional teams as necessary. One who recognizes the importance of the circle of influence in driving organizational accomplishment
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Execution Discipline - Ability to meet commitments - A strong commitment to meeting deadlines and commitments and driving the organization to deliver on such commitments. Personal leadership - Demonstrate personal leadership in all aspects of work, lead by example, and demonstrate strong personal accountability and ownership. Staying focused on the end game - and managing all dials to get to the desired outcomes.
Bachelor's degree in business management, sales and marketing, or other related field. Equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted for degree requirement on a year for year basis plus six (6) years of progressive Sales experience, of which at least two (2) years must be in the telecommunications/technology industry or designated vertical market. Experience must result in demonstrable ability to develop account strategies, develop and deliver effective proposals and manage complex sales cycles. Experience in responding to formal RFP`s or bids.