We are looking for a talented, driven individual to lead and manage a range of flight standards and pilot training activities, to include managing development and delivery of multiple pilot training programs. Programs will include Human Factors (CRM/TEM), Indoctrination, Instructor/Evaluator, and other areas and cross-fleet programs, as determined by leadership. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in one or more of these areas, as well as expertise and/or experience in pilot training and standardization functions, from a development, delivery, or management perspective.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of programs necessary for the uniform operation of the Training department.
- Primary point of contact with the FAA and other external organizations that may affect Hawaiian Airline's AQP.
- Coordinates the efforts of the Fleet Captains. Leads and manages the AQP development team. Coordinates with other Hawaiian Airline's departments, such as scheduling and computer support (IT).
- Defines team responsibilities, plans and schedules resources, submit AQP letters and documents for FAA approval and maintains quality control over AQP processes and products.
- Responsible to review all Federal Aviation Regulations as applies to airmen training or currency, and implement any requirements or change to those requirements in a timely the highest level of safety and ensure all crews are legal for flight fashion so as to maintain HAL crews at all times.
- Receives and reviews documentation and/or data from external sources to include applicable manufacturer and regulatory websites and ensures information is received in time to satisfy operational requirements.
- Authority to establish & modify the policies, procedures, instructions, and information for ETOPS, RVSM, LLM and other regulatory programs.
- Identifies and analyzes operational data for potential safety risks, and recommends corrective actions.
- Coordinates with the FAA, and provides procedural documents for acceptance and/or approval of changes to appropriate manuals, programs and procedures for Fleet Aircraft.
- Coordinates with the Program Analyst and Senior Director of Flight Standards, Training & Qualifications the development of the annual Flight Standards expenses and capital budget and for monitoring on an ongoing basis the actual and forecasted expenses versus budget. Prepare and evaluate detailed cost center budgets for Flight Standards, Training & Qualifications.
- Performs duties as directed by the Senior Director of Flight Standards, Training & Qualifications.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Background / Practical Applications:
- Aviation Safety Standards
- FARs / Order 8900
- Operations Specifications
- Training and Advanced Qualification Programs (AQP)
- Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Air Transportation Oversight System (ATOS)
- New Aircraft Program Development (NAPD)
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA)
- NTSB Part 830
- Fatigue Risk Management Program (FRMP)
- Must have 5 years 121 operations, pilot training or flight operations experience
- 2 years Management experience (preferred)