Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Site Psychiatric Director to join our healthcare team at the Fresno County Jail in Fresno, CA.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Site Psychiatric Director
- Must possess a current license in the state of responsibility and a current DEA registration.
- Must be board certified, eligible, or qualified by the state laws/regulations to practice psychiatry.
- Must have current BLS certification.
- Experience in healthcare administration and in correctional environment preferred.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Site Psychiatric Director
- Provide onsite psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of those inmates referred by the medical or clinical services staff. Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course.
- Oversee the quality and effectiveness of psychiatric healthcare delivery to the offender patient population.
- Conduct periodic audits of the quality of psychiatric healthcare at the site and document same according to contract or Corizon requirements.
- Maintain regular communication with the Regional Psychiatric Director.
- In conjunction with the Regional Psychiatric Director and the behavioral health team at each assigned site, assess overall service delivery, and guide team in process improvement at least annually.
- Review results of site level Corizon Health CQI and Clinical Programs surveys with regard to behavioral health services and assist in the development, implementation, and follow-up monitoring processes.
- Foster positive relationships with the state and community contract leadership.
- Assist with recruitment of psychiatrists.
- Coordinate and participate in annual peer review of all contracted psychiatrists in region as directed by the Regional Psychiatric Director.
- Provide timely feedback, and if appropriate, coordinate the Technical Advisory Panel (TAP) or 2nd opinion consultation when required.
- Monitor outcomes under evidence-based clinical guidelines as directed by the Regional Psychiatric Director.
- Develop strategic plans in collaboration with Regional Managers and Regional Vice Presidents.
- Monitor compliance of mid-level practitioners' services against applicable professional laws, regulations and requirements of the applicable state.
- Focus on interpretation of data, and confirm development of satisfactory and appropriate action plans.
- Participate in root cause analysis processes related to scope of responsibility.
- Foster a professional environment among and support seamless delivery of services by the site-contracted psychiatrists, mid-level providers, site Behavioral Health Lead, healthcare staff, Regional Managers and site Health Service Administrators.
- Develop list of key individuals to effect optimal communication with client contacts, and maintain contacts in accordance with company communication plan.
- Be available for any ACA/NCCHC accreditation visits for assigned region.
- Participate in mortality, morbidity, and sentinel event review as required by Corizon Health policy or as requested by management.
- In conjunction with the Regional Medical Director and Regional Psychiatric Director, assist in providing psychiatric leadership for the utilization management program in the region. Provide timely feedback in Utilization Management matters including outpatient and inpatient issues (transfers, discharges, disputes).
- Participate on committees as assigned.
- Attend meetings as directed by prison or jail administration.