The Product Manager (PM) contributes to development of the ANSYS meshing portfolio and is responsible for ensuring that our solution fully meets market requirements. The PM researches customer needs and articulates these in the form of product requirements. The PM plays a proactive role in product planning and design to ensure the product meets all requirements and is differentiated from competitors in the marketplace. The PM participates in the entire product cycle, working closely with development, sales, and marketing. The position also requires a strong presence at industry events as a key advocate for the ANSYS solution and vision.
• Creates written product specifications and requirements leveraging an understanding of the marketplace and technology trends and overall business objectives
• Evaluates and prioritizes requests for product changes, enhancements, etc.
• The PM has a keen eye for attention to detail and overall user experience.
• Participates in the entire development cycle of the product (or project), working closely with the development, testing, and documentation teams on project execution
• Provide quality assurance testing on new product features and design flows
• Works closely with support and services team to ensure successful evaluation and adoption of our products
• Keeps a keen eye on competitive products and strategies. Proactively highlights and addresses any technical gaps. Defines clear messaging to position and differentiate our products
• Assist marketing with technical white papers, application notes, conference/journal proceedings, product positioning presentations, and webinars
• Evangelizes the solution internally and externally; Maintains close relationships with customers to remain aware of customer needs and perspectives
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering (Master’s preferred)
• 5-10 years of combined working experience with ANSYS Meshing or other industry standard Meshing software.
• Project/Consulting experience including but not limited to geometry creation, cleanup, surface, tetra and hex meshing workflows for structural analyses is required.
• Strong working knowledge of CAD software (like ANSYS Design Modeler, ANSYS SpaceClaim or other industry standard CAD tools) and CAE meshing software (ANSYS or other Industry Standard Meshing tools)
• Experience with Industry standard FEA solvers
• Demonstrated technical acumen and project planning skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Automotive and Aerospace experience with meshing workflows will be a plus.
• Experience with Programming/scripting will be a plus
• Experience with Agile development processes will be plus
• This position requires a moderate amount of travel