Supports, designs and implements enterprise infrastructuretechnology solutions aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements. Works in close collaboration with team members, end users, and other IS departments to meet the company's goals, with minimal supervision.
This position will be expected to administer existing systems such as Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10, Microsoft Office 2007/2013, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, Citrix NetScaler, Citrix XenApp, Flexera Admin Studio, Flexera Corporate Software Inspector, and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator. Provide daily troubleshooting support associated with these and other desktop related systems and applications. Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining SQL reports as required by the business.
- As a project manager, lead or individual contributor, provides operational support for assigned infrastructure disciplines and business users as a lead for moderately complex projects and/or enhancements to existing architecture. This includes the use of Valero's system to track support activities.
- Works on assigned infrastructuretechnology design and implementation projects.
- Administers existing Microsoft systems such as SMS/SCCM, Windows XP/Vista, Active Directory, Office Communicator 2007, and Exchange 2007 while providing daily troubleshooting support associated with these and other non-Microsoft systems. Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining application packages with Wise Package Studio and SQL reports as required by the business.
- Maintenance of Microsoft and McAfee product updates for desktop systems.
- Develops cross-functional relationships with business users, IS departments and Valero business partners.
- Documents knowledge acquired and technical specifications into a knowledge management system. This includes adhering to established documenting standards.
- Coordinates with customers to define and satisyfy application package requirements.
- Develops, tests, and documents distribution procedures for installing packaged applications.
- Daily monitors and reconciles incident tickets assigned to desktop operation’s queue.
- Maintains the acceptable goals for desktop operation’s scorecard.
- Works on moderately complex tasks for the design, development, maintenance and upgrade of information system infrastructure involving hardware, software, and system applications. This includes, but is not limited to: trouble-shooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, user interaction, training, defining systems scope, gathering requirements, documenting design specifications, research and fact-finding, configuration, testing, reporting, cutover, IS and business user coordination.
- Effective work relationships within departmental and functional lines at various job levels with business users, IS departments and Valero business partners.
- Learns or demonstrates an in-depth understanding of more than one information system infrastructure discipline/component and associated application/hardware integration.
- Helps coordinate the adoption of new procedures resulting from software and hardware changes, including the development of system specifications, documentation, training, and communication plans.
- Performs analysis on and recommends quality complex solutions to information system infrastructuretechnology disciplines/components.
- Understands and applies the various IT methodologies which include project management, development, service management and system architecture.
- May be required to work off-hours and on weekends for projects and/or support.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant information services experience to include working knowledge and experience of SCCM, Windows XP, SQL reporting, and scriptingrequired.
- Experience working with McAfee E-Policy Orchestrator (EPO) and Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) will also be required to achieve goals on the infrastructure department’s monthly scorecard.
- Refinery industry or related business/IT experiencepreferred.
- Experience with Wise Packaging Studio, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2007, Windows Server OS, Citrix, McAfee EPO and WSUS preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Microsoft Office, Microsoft server operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, Microsoft AppV, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Citrix NetScaler, Citrix XenApp, Flexera Admin Studio, Flexera Corporate Software Inspector, and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (EPO) preferred.
- Experience creating application packages for installation preferred.
- Experience with general scripting such as batch, Visual Basic, PowerShell, and Wise Script preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.4 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm. More than 7,500 outlets carry the Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock and Beacon brands in the United States and the Caribbean; Ultramar in Canada; and Texaco in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Through subsidiaries, Valero owns the general partner of Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero is a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location:US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting Oct 24, 2017, 12:52:52 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing