Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Project Manager to join our Sports + Entertainment Group!
The ideal team member will have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills are vital, with attention to detail equally important.
The Assistant Project Manager will partner with the project manager from bid preparation through final client acceptance. Will also lead, coach, and mentor project team members.
In this role, the APM will:
- Perform cost control and financial management
- Work with Preconstruction on project estimate and schedule
- Coordinate scopes of work
- Review and compile pay applications, change requests, and other project financial documentation
- Partner with the Project Manager or Construction Executive
- Draft client proposals
- Contract administration and management
- Award subcontracts
- Provide direction to the project team for safe and timely project completion
- Act as liaison for project engineers, mentor and coach others
- Provide job assignments and manage career development
- Direct responsibilities and guide Field Engineer(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers for the project
- Oversee budget for and make recommendations for subcontractors and trade partners
- Lead project buyout with subcontractors and trade partners
- Facilitate and lead meetings between subcontractors related to project coordination
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Perform on-site Project Manager duties on small scope projects
- Implement a quality plan that ensures the customer’s specified performance criteria in design and construction
- Minimum five years of related previous experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to assist with all responsibilities for complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of constructionlaw and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license