Automotive Product Sales Consultant - Dealer Positioning System ( DPS ) - West Region
Possessing a knowledge base of the total suite of Experian data and technology assets, the ideal candidate will help Experian Automotive Account Executives and Account Managers present and sell analytics and targeting software to local dealers and dealer groups. As a subject matter expert, the candidate will operate as a consultant alongside the account owner to help dealers understand their overall market potential, identify strategies to drive new & used vehicle sales, improve efficiency of monthly advertising spend, consult with clients to devise local go to market strategies for newly acquired or additional dealer points in a market.
Working together with Directors and Managers of various Automotive Account Teams, the Automotive Product Sales Consultant will be directly responsible for new business development for this product. The position requires a self-starter with a creative track record of developing opportunities and building long lasting relationships. Previous experience in consulting directly with franchise owners, multi-store marketing directors, and general managers is required. Coaching and mentoring a team of account executives and account managers on the benefits of the product in a train the trainer type role.
We understand that our people are critical to the current and future success of our vertical. Experian Automotive fosters a winning culture that embodies creativity and will offer future growth and career opportunities to those who deliver strong results and embrace our spirit.
***This position is remote and can be based in a West region major city location.
- Desire to squash assigned annual revenue goals!
- Motivate, educate and assist peers to drive and maintain a 10X opportunity pipeline
- Create and present compelling proposals/presentations for clients and internal use
- Negotiate pricing and contracts (both new and recurring contracts)
- Properly record account activity and sales opportunity pipeline within Salesforce
- Build and maintain strategic account plans
- Represent Experian Automotive and your personal brand to senior level Executives within some of the most respected dealerships and dealer groups in North America
- Become a trusted partner to your team members and dealer clients in order to drive loyalty and long term product success
- Ensure client education and overall knowledge of how to properly put the DPS software to use
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ Years ofAdvertising/Media Salesexperience (broadcast or newspaper preferred, digital advertising solutions and agency experience also considered)
- 4+ Years ofAutomotiveindustry experience (OEM, Dealer Group, Automotive Vendor, Variable Operations preferred)
- Solid business acumen
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Track record of high success with high volume, short sales cycle solutions
- Proven high closing ratio
- Strong personality and ability to network
- Effective presentation skills
- Effective follow up skills
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Products
- Understanding of Google Analytics and/or other Analytics software
- Ability to travel (up to 60% overnight travel)
- 2+ Years of Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher