What you will doThe Plant Manager is responsible for all Manufacturing Operations at the facility, and the effective integration with Product Team Activities. Coordination with and support of financial requirements. Long range planning for facility capability and capacity. Effective supervision and management of resources. Achievement of manufacturing, Division and Group goals.
How you will do it
- Develops and implements long and short range plans and policies in support of manufacturing, Division and Group goals.
- Maintains close surveillance over operations to assure coordination and integration of work flow, budgetary conformance, schedules and optimum utilization of personnel, machines, equipment and facilities.
- Coordinates and directs major projects such as expansion, acquisition and installation of equipment, major repairs, plant layout changes, etc.
- Promotes and maintains the highest possible customer satisfaction level for both internal and external customers.
- Manages all financial functions at the facility. Prepares budgets, forecasts, and control expenditures in accordance with the approved plans and budgets.
- Administers company policy, rules and actions as required.
- Participates as management representative in Labor relations and negotiations as required.
- Appraises performance of assigned personnel and recommends appropriate changes in salary and status.
- Conducts and personally engage in public and civil relations, customer and vendor relations and others as necessary for the best interest of the company.
- Manages employee workforce in manner to encourage employee involvement/participation with emphasis on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Implement world class techniques such as Johnson Controls Manufacturing Systems (JCMS), cell manufacturing, and process control.
- Manages the leasing activities and support of the portion of the facility that is leased to other companies.
What we look for
- College graduate with degree in Business, Industrial Management or a related technical field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 10 years of general manufacturing experience with at least five of those in management responsibilities.
- Knowledge of company operations.
- Knowledge and experience in world class manufacturing techniques. The ability to implement in a manufacturing location.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
Who we are At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.