DMI, the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure device and app management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Washington DC area, with satellite offices around the world.
About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking an experienced professional to fill a Data Architect position for a software development team supporting NASA. Qualified applicant will provide support to both internal employees as well as external government customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience designing, administering, managing, and tuning database environments
- Experienced with Big Data and Big Data principles
- Skilled at building, designing, and documenting new data models
- Experience with reviewing existing data models/data structures to identify potential problem areas and areas for improvement
- Possess the ability to analyze system data to identify synergies between different systems and identify potential data collisions in systems
- Skilled with SQL, including the ability to develop complex queries to include stored procedures, indices, multiple joins, etc
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems
- Define both the physical and logical DB structure
- Ability to troubleshoot DB performance issues
- Define and document system metadata
- Conduct thorough data analysis to determine how system/business requirements may best be met
- Educate other team members on the system data and address questions as needed
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, preferably MicroStrategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and client focus a must.
- Self-starter who takes initiative to get tasks done.
- Team player, must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and othercontract members of the project team.
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and work in an often fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Manages time effectively with minimal supervision.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's in Information Technology or related field with minimum 10 yrs of experience
- Previous experiencebig dataexperience
- Ability to provide recommendations and suggestions related to troubleshooting and performance improvement.
- Experience with MicroStrategy
- Experience developing complex SQL queries
- Good work ethics with extremely high standard of code quality, system reliability, and performance
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data with.
- Experience with data movement and transformation technologies.
Job ID 2017-14507