Responsible for working with users to define and document system requirements for new implementations and enhancements. Otherresponsibilities will include leading requirements gathering and design sessions, reviewing design documentation with users and developers, preparing process and data models, prioritizing system functionality based on requirements, coordinating pilot and test activities, and designing screens and reports.
Responsible for production support of assigned systems to ensure efficiency in system and production. Work with developer upon failure of system and apply patches and fixes to current systems. Work with developer and/or DBA to "tune" the system to ensure the most efficient systems within available resources. Sr. Business Analysts support multiple systems or more complex systems that require advanced technical expertise. Sr. BA's are recognized as SME's from the business on their assigned systems.
- Responsible for ensuring an efficient and smooth production environment for assigned complex systems by applying patches and fixes to system or work with the developer upon failure of system. Responsible for ensuring the least amount of downtime or inefficient production for assigned systems.
- Use in-depth understanding of system to write reports for users and/or clients from system(s) which aid in business decision making.
- Develop and conduct user training on system(s) functionality.
- Work with field, internal users, and senior management to understand needs and develop plans for meeting those needs.
- Lead activities during analysis, design, construction and testing phases of large scope projects.
- Facilitate in requirements and design sessions for large projects.
- Define and document functional and system specifications.
- Develop process and data models using modeling and process tools.
- Prioritize system and data functionality requirements based on user needs, business analysis, and project constraints.
- Review design documentation with users and developers.
- Work with users, senior management, and technical team to produce project charters, scope documents and conceptual design charts.
- Work with vendors and vendor packages to ensure that system requirements are understood.
- Develop test plans and QA activities.
- Coordinate pilot and rollout planning, user enhancement requests and defect tracking for large scope projects.
- Develop presentation materials and conduct presentations to users as well as senior management.
- Train and mentor less experienced BA's on systems functionality.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business management, systems development or related area or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five to seven years experience as a business analyst and/or project manager in an information technology environment.
- Recognized as a SME in systems supported.
- Experience in data and process modeling of business requirements and use of process modeling tools.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
- Exposure to client/server and/or web development.
- Technical expertise in database design.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple large projects.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio.