Role Value Proposition: Workforce Enablement is an organization in MetLife Global Technology & Operations (GTO) that is responsible for MetLife Technical University (MTU), GTO employee on-boarding, university recruiting, and the university internship program.
AVP of Workforce Enablement is responsible for the strategy and execution of the GTO workforce enablement program. This person will set measurable targets for the program and manage it based on impact. Program content will focus on technical and key business skills to support GTO associates in their professional roles. This person works with senior GTO leaders to define educational opportunities to support business needs and delivers the curriculum. This person will collaborate with Global Learning & Development to ensure programs are aligned and integrated.
- Drive strategic direction and priorities for workforce enablement supporting GTO
- Partner with senior GTO leadership to define educational opportunities to support their business need.
- Develop a leadership program for high-potential talent at various career stages (may include graduate education support, executive coaching and rotational assignments)
- Create course content for GTO technical and leadership development classes
- Ensure that new MTU graduates are trained to meet the requirements of their positions
- Work with business leaders to identify and enroll students in the international rotation program
- Create a collaborative relationship with the Learning & Development organization
- Manage the workforce enablement department operating budget
- Manage all workforce enablement vendors to ensure they deliver on their contract deliverables and service level agreements
- Create a testing and assessment framework to measure associate progress in classes
- Create proper controls of vendor spend and interfaces with GTO vendor management office as required
- In collaboration with recruiting, develop a progressive branding & communications strategy, both internal and external, to build the brand for MetLife and the technical skills development program
- Strong collaboration and consensus-building skills, ability to engage across multiple functions and business units and cultivate strategic internal relationships across a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrated experience in building global technical training programs from concept to completion with proven experience in measuring impact
- Demonstrated experience conducting organizational level, program level and individual level needs analysis to identify development needs and target program development
- 10+ years of program management experience including exposure to IT, operations, vendor management and finance functions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Broad skills in building, developing and motivating high performance teams
- Exposure to leading edge instructional design, online and mobile learning platforms
- Experience in rolling out competency and certification programs
- Bachelor’s degree required, master degree preferred