The VP is responsible for finding ways to monitor and grow EXL’s and clients business through the systematic and continual support and guidance of the clients direct marketingstrategies. The key responsibilities of this position are to collaborate with internal executive team and client leadership team to establish key business strategies, design test & learn plans, establish and report key metrics, all with the goal of maintaining healthy growth of our clients. The VP, Direct Marketing must provide business leadership to help guide sound business decisions. They will help client develop direct marketing objectives through benchmarking principles, market / economy analyses and key performance metrics to assure clients achieve and exceed required results.
The VP will work closely with the leadership team, practice directors, solution line directors, and account managers to define the strategic plan with metrics, an integrated marketingstrategy, protect and refine the brand, strengthen marketing and communications infrastructure and build and implement advanced business development functions designed to achieve revenue targets set by clients.
The VP must be a strong leader with the ability to drive the development and implementation of strategic marketing activities, capable of establishing tactical plans and be accountable for results. This leader will direct the activities of the marketing team, within the group, collaborate with client, and utilize outside vendors, in creating innovative marketingcampaigns that build brand awareness, drive leads and increase market share. This role is ultimately responsible for marketing execution including marketing communications (internal &external), thought leadership, marketing materials, digitalmarketing, lead generation, and events.
Your day to day role will include:
Strategy & Planning
- Analyze market trends; recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback
- Identify and assess risks and barriers to continued success or launch of new offerings
- Balance a hypotheses-driven approach with analysis to identify and evaluate current and future business opportunities
- Help identify, structure and execute analytical path to identifying insights and new offerings by leveraging internal data sets across the company and externally
Thought Leadership & Business Development
- Develop and enhance business relationships fostering awareness of the firm.
- Identify, analyze, pursue and report on business opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
- Develop charter clients and program for new business opportunities.
- Partner with senior leadership to build thought leadership program
Branding & Marketing
- Responsible for design and production of all aspects of visual marketing needs, including print ads, publication and website development.
- Driving a consistent brand message across all external communications initiatives and materials
- Partner with senior leadership for internal communications
- Continue marketing automation initiatives, including building segmentation, targeting and personalization approaches to define optimal strategies
Management & Leadership
- Manage the annual marketingbudget and division of work among internal employees
- Build and maintain a high-performance culture through effective performance management, communication and coaching of staff.
- Provides leadership and accountability in developing and executing the marketing plans and strategies that are in alignment with industry and service-area dynamics
- Serves as the point of integration to create a true corporate marketing perspective
- Manage multiple projects, prioritize work and balance strategic and tactical issues.
- Ensure development of the existing marketing team and oversee the recruitment of appropriately skilled staff to new positions as and when required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant area
- Minimum 10-15years’ professional work experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the insurance industry (e.g., consulting, P&C or L& A marketing)
- Minimum 7years’ experience in business-to-businessmarketing managerial position with budgetresponsibilities
- Strong strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate exceptional written, presentation, and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrate sound negotiating skills
- Display positive leadership attributes to internal and external customers
- Ability to manage diverse, cross-functional and remote teams to deliver on a common goal
- Extensive experience with technologies and systems in support of world class marketing initiatives
- Track record of developing comprehensive marketing and business development strategies.
- Track record of working with data vendors – identifying new vendors and working existing relationships