Altarum Institute is seeking Project Managers to join our Health Innovations and Technical Assistance (HITA) - Center for Connected Health (CCH) group in Lansing, MI works in a very fast-paced, demanding, but rewarding, consulting environment. The Project Manager will have the opportunity to use their expertise in areas such as Medicaid, Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS), Medicaid Information TechnologyArchitecture (MITA), HIPAA, and HITECH; experience working on custom software development projects; passion for improving healthcare; and leadership skills to lead multiple projects and tasks. As a Project Manager, your primary focus will be in leading business and software projects designed to improve human health. As a full-time member of a dynamic consulting group, your specific projects, tasks, and responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
- Plan, manage, and execute business and software projects from beginning to end, within budget and time constraints. Manage client processes for budgets, timelines, technical documentation, and project briefings and reviews.
- Provide professional client interface, ensure responsiveness to client requirements and concerns.
- Continually identify lessons learned, evaluate completed tasks and make process improvements based upon successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices to share across Altarum.
- Present to clients, service providers, and community groups.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience leading business and software development projects in a collaborative, team-oriented style.
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience managing budgets, plans, teams and complex time-sensitive deliverables and deadlines.
- Track record of leading, thinking strategically, innovating, acting with integrity, and exceeding client expectations.
- Desire to integrate research, technical, analytical, and consulting skills to serve the public good and improve human health.
ABOUT ALTARUM: Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, since 1946. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.