Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting's engineers, land surveyors and project managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Why Bowman Consulting? At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That’s why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
Scope of Position: We have an exciting opportunity to join the Safford, AZ team as a Project Manager on a variety of mining, public improvement and infrastructure, land development and construction projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize the initial civil design approach for assigned phases of large land/site development and/or has responsibility for the civil engineering work on an aforementioned type project.
- Development/management of plans, specifications, and reports.
- Provide technical assistance in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and agencies; subcontractors, and design teams on basic project issues.
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Maintain close relationships with clients to resolve all project questions, such as, but not limited to, technical requirements, completion requirements and billing inquiries.
- Review all project changes, pending or anticipated alterations to the contract, additional work requests, and all other factors, which may significantly affect staffing requirements or budget.
- Supervise work of project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards.
- Coordinate with otherinternal departments to meet project requirements.
- Define the scope of assigned projects and develop plan to accomplish projects. Monitor progress toward deliverable schedules. Compile project status reports.
- Review job cost sheets and assist with preparation of monthly billings. Ensure assigned projects stay within budget allocation.
- Assist with the collection of outstanding monies due from assigned clients.
- As requested, participate in and formulate marketing presentations and attend marketing meetings.
- Secure repeat business from existing clients and identifying new clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- PE License or ability to obtain PE License preferred
- Minimum of five (4) years Civil Engineeringexperience
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Basic AutoCAD knowledge
- Excellent organization and communication skills