We are seeking an Operations Manager to lead a team of Analysts in Voya Financial's Employee Benefits Enrollment Services business unit. Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in a leadership role guiding 8 or more individual contributors. Additionally we are looking for someone who has worked within a data file exchange environment and would strongly prefer a candidate who has experienceworking with Pre-Taxpayroll deduction products. This position will work in Voya Financial' s Downtown Minneapolis office.
- Manages and directs activities of direct and indirect staff in all aspects of account management, reimbursement account administration, enrollment services, billing administration, collection and journal entries, policy issues and auditing to ensure consistency and quality. Maintains internal and external customer relationships.
- Reviews operational activities and work processes and makes necessary changes to ensure an efficient and effective operation of policy administration and to maximize profitability. Participates in and/or leads process improvement efforts.
- Directs the establishment of short and long-term objectives for policy administration in conjunction with service center goals. Implements plans effectively.
- Acts as liaison between department and IT staff. Sponsors new projects to enhance current processes, including customer service.
- Provides training and timely performance appraisals for employees in department.
- Establishes and manages department budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 - 10 years relative work experience in supervisory position
- Previous experienceworking with and in a data file exchange environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge of Employee Benefits is highly preferred
- Previous experience leading in a Continuous Improvement/Lean environment is highly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.