As a lead software development engineer you will help us scale our product catalog andevent curationexperience. You will use statistical and machine learning techniques to find out what matters most to our customers, to identify problems in the product data coming from thousands of vendors, fix some of the key problems, and measure the impact onsales. You will use machine learning to develop high precision models that can extract missing data, fix inaccurate data, merge duplicate items, and group related items. In addition, our models drive workflows allowing humans to efficiently fix highly impactful catalog defects. These problems are challenging due to sheer scale, velocity,diversity and multitude of input sources (big brand vendors with specialized tools to mom and pop shops). As a member of zulilyBig Data Platform team you will help lead a team of engineers to develop new data workflows utilizing state of the art cloud computing (SparkStreaming, Dataproc, Map-Reduce) and data sciencetechnologies (Spark, scikit-learn, MLib, Theano, GoogleML). You will develop short term and long term strategies, lead the team in building solutions for enhancing the customer’smerchandisingexperience.
- 6+ years of experience in Software development.
- Advanced degree/Ph.D./ Masters in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with distributed algorithms (Map-Reduce)
- Experience with Cloud offerings offerings - AWS, Google cloud platform or Azure
- Ability to technically lead small to mid-size teams, mentor junior members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Results oriented person with a delivery focus.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of designing and building scalable systems.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field required. A combination of education plus equivalent work experience may be considered.