Your role as Senior Operations System Engineer will be to provide Level 3 system administration maintenance and support for Test and Production Telecommunications Application Service environments. You will also be a Team Leader for the Operations Engineering team. You will be a crucial member of the Operations team working with Software Engineering, NOC Engineers and Customer Service Agents.
You will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide system administration maintenance and support for various telecommunication based service platforms.
• Resolution of platform service issues and alarms.
• Develop and implement Operations Engineering training program.
• Trace data collection, log file analysis for network/application/middleware devices; service/system trouble correlation and general problem troubleshooting.
• Perform issue resolution for trouble tickets and trouble ticket management (ack, update, resolve, close).
• Manage and coordinate problem resolutions with multiple teams – operations engineers, software engineers, data center engineers, software vendors, network carriers, etc.
• Batch job scripting, testing and implementation.
• Cron jobs and file system maintenance.
• Perform platform upgrades in testing and production environments.
• Write and execute Operations Acceptance Test Plans and Cases.
• Write and test MOPs (Method of Procedures) for standardized system administration and operations practices.
• Perform post-mortem and root cause analysis for service impacting issues and generate Root Cause Analysis reports.
• Strictly adhere to standard Methods and Procedures (M&P) and Protocols defined for Operations Center personnel.
• Develop and maintain technical documentation required to support the platform – Runbook.
• Team Leader Responsibilities: training and mentoring associate engineers; recovery leader for service interruptions and outages, user and operations testing leader, technical documentation librarian (ensure all documentation is viable and accurate, tested and maintained).
• Must be available to work 24 x 7 on-call rotation during off-hours to support the needs of the business: nights, weekends and holidays.
• UNIX/Linux/Solaris system administration.
• Programming: Proficiency with C++, Java/J2EE, HTML and Linux/Unis Shell Scripting Programming (Bash and Perl).
• Application Server: JBOSS, Tomcat, Oracle.
• Communication: TCP/IP, UDP, TCAP, SNMP, SS7, Networking (CCNA Training or Experience is a plus).
• Previous operations center experience: technical troubleshooting, customer support, monitoring systems and ticket/incident management, resolution and escalation processes.
• Knowledge of IT service operations and management. Experience in a customer care and technical support in an IT environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications Suite and SharePoint.
• Personal Attributes: Must be a Team-player and Leader - excellent coaching and training skills, excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills; customer and quality focused; highly-motivated and self-starter; innovative thinker; and able to work independently.
• Familiarity with ITIL standards, Number Portability, Telecommunications is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in technology related field – MIS, Computer Science, Networking, EE or ME.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience.
Job ID 2165.