NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
This position is a full-time engineer responsible for providing expert engineering support of repair and refurbishment of wind turbinemechanical and electrical components. Candidate must be a subject matter expert (SME) with a proven record of results in the following areas: 1) repair design/development/validation, 2) shop production support/nonconformance, 3) ISO/Quality Management systems, 4) 6-sigma/statistical process controls.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Provide timely and accurate engineering support to Production regarding quality issues, measurements, and nonconformance for wind turbinemechanical and electrical components
- Ensure thorough and efficient documentation of failure modes and condition assessment findings
- Compile and analyze data to assess most efficient production process flows, including Measurement Systems, Cycle Time, Lean
- Resolve issues with suppliers regarding nonconforming material or other technical issues
- Develop and validate new repair procedures for mechanical and/or electrical components
- Lead and/or mentor others during root cause and corrective action investigations as needed
- Formalize the Quality Management system in accordance withISOstandards
Additional Desired Skills:
- Expert knowledge of wind gearbox and/or power electronic operations, maintenance and repair
- Certified Quality Engineer (ASQ CQE), and/or working knowledge of ISO 9001/14001
- Six Sigma Certification, and/or direct experience implementing continuous improvements, PDCA, Lean, Kaizen, 5S
- Past experience performing audits of repair and/or manufacturing suppliers
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Word
- Working knowledge of MS Access, Project, SAP, Maximo
- Working knowledge of business, financial and contractual matters
- Proven leadership, project management, and communication skills. Able to analyze and present data clearly and succinctly to production technicians or executive leadership.
- Demonstrated subject matter expert capabilities in at least two (2) of the four (4) areas defined in the Position Specific Description
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities
• Manages one or more programs of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives
• Acts as a subject matter expert
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience: 7+ years
Requisition ID: 9612