Summary: The Manager, Learning and Associate Development, will be fully accountable for the development and delivery of high quality hands-on performance based training, via both face-to-face and via on-line means, in support of ScanSource and its goals. The manager will also be accountable to lead efforts related to the organization’s associate development objectives. This position will be responsible for 1) facilitating, supporting and managing in-house training, 2) development and management of remote training programs, 3) developing and implementing professional talent development and best practices content/curriculum for employees, 4) oversight of our performance appraisal system, 5) leading the process for succession planning, 6) partnering with business leaders to assist in employee coaching, through providing authentic feedback, and building development plans, and 7) capturing, analyzing and using talent analytics to assist with individual/team development and team compliment. This includes but is not limited to: employee needs analysis, leading in-house training in conjunction with executive team and faculty, ongoing evaluation of current tools/systems and implementation processes and developing efficiencies to scale employee learning and associate development initiatives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Gather input, feedback and suggestions from the HR partners, business units and support departments for continuous improvement of our sales and merchandising and support teams, with an emphasis on training content and delivery to enhance individual, leadership or technical capability
- Manage a team of subject matter experts, 3rd party vendors and direct staff to develop high quality hands-on performance based online and face-to-face training content, leadership guides, evaluation checklists, and reinforcement tools
- Forecast and manage training expenses worldwide
- Develop and implement content training processes, templates to ensure standardization of format, delivery, and quality of the training materials
- Manage the Learning Management System (LMS), including: course catalog, syllabi, enhancements and learning paths
- Project manage curriculum development initiatives, communicate progress to stake holders
- Develop and facilitate new and innovative formal and informal learning opportunities including, but not limited to workshops, lunch and learns, on demand learning, retreats, certificate programs, book clubs, administrative professional conferences, mentoring programs, etc.
- Identify, assess and address future and current employee training needs through job and skill set analysis, review of talent analytics (profile assessments) and consultation with managers at locations worldwide
- Monitor and evaluate training programs’ effectiveness, providing feedback to senior leadership
- Maintain in house training content, curriculum, schedules, and communicate regularly with business partners
- Work with in-house trainers in business areas and support departments to understand their educational content assist them in content delivery best practices
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Demonstrate and maintain a high degree of technical understanding of training products and related wireless tools and technologies
Development and maintenance of performance review tracking systems and dashboards.
Lead talent data analytics reviews to assist individual / team development and team compliment.
Oversight of employee appraisal system: probationary review cycle (coffee break meeting) and one year review cycle, ensuring data is provided to drive the annual merit review cycle
Ensure employee appraisals are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
Lead succession planning processes worldwide, including facilitation of session, compilation of data and communication to business leaders, up to and including the CEO
Position Reports To: Sr. Director, Human Resources
Direct Reports: 2 Learning and Delivery Specialists
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Experience managing staff and budgets, and field experience working with satellite locations
- Proven track record of developing training content for adults in both classroom and demonstration settings
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative and value-added relationships with employees and peers
- Must have very effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills to communicate vision and expectations
- Computer literacy required; must have an excellent working level of MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Must have analytical skills; can summarize data from different sources into a concise format
- Project management skills to manage multiple training content development projects simultaneously
- High energy level and positive ‘can-do” attitude
- Demonstrates confidence & leadership and an ability to influence leaders, including the executive team
- Flexible to unexpected client requests/ needs and enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment
- BA/BS degree
- 5-7 years of HRexperience, specifically in the area of learning and associate development.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) Certification a plus.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR, or SHPR-SCP Certification a plus.
- Strong global orientation – demonstrated experience designing/implementing training and talent solutions across the globe
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative with projects.
- Proven track record of leading cross functional teams and managing a team of direct reports to develop and deliver effective training and talent management content/processes within budget constraints
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for this position.
- Ability to travel 40 % of the time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.