Senior Corporate Counsel, Employment Law & Corporate Compliance
- Be a trusted legal partner to the organization on sensitive and wide-ranging employment law matters including hiring and recruiting, employee relations, discipline, investigations, wage and hour compliance, leaves of absence, reasonable accommodation, terminations, workforce restructuring activities and related matters.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to determine strategy and approach on employment-related policies, guidelines, and processes with an approach that balances pragmatism, risk, and compliance.
- Investigate and respond to demand letters and agency complaints and audits (e.g., EEOC, DFEH, DOL, OFCCP, DLSE, etc.).
- Manage labor and employment litigation matters with outside counsel.
- Ensure SIE’s compliance with applicable federal, state, and local labor and employment laws (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FEHA, etc.).
- Develop, manage and implement corporate compliance programs in areas such as export control, third-party due diligence and conflict of interest.
- Investigate reports to the Sony Ethics & Compliance Hotline.
- Develop and conduct employment law and compliance trainings (live and online).
- At least 8years of related experience.
- Undergraduate and lawdegree from top tier school.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Substantial experience with delivering advice and counsel to clients such as Human Resources.
- Substantial employment litigation experience (state and federal) and experience managing litigation.
- Deep knowledge and experience advising clients on California and federal labor and employment laws, in areas such as wage and hour, disability accommodation, discrimination and harassment.
- Significant experience with conducting and managing internal and external investigations.
- Experience with advising clients on conflict of interest cases.
- Significant experience with the preparation and delivery of live and online training on employment law topics.
- Possess excellent written, oral, interpersonal and analytic skills.
- Membership in CA state bar required.
- In-house experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with international employment law issues (especially Canada and Latin America).
- Experience with compliance programs involving export controls, sanctions, FCPA, anti-money laundering, and anti-trust.
- Experience advising clients in high-tech or interactive entertainment industries.