At Global Partners, a Sr. Business System Analyst serves as the face of IT for a department or business unit. Successful candidates elicit and validate business needs, design, develop and launch efficient technology solutions. Activities include gathering and compiling user requirements, developing and analyzing data in support of business cases, projects and systems requirements, in addition to, delivering support, guidance and software configurations ensure efficient and effective utilization of software programs.
- This position will focus on solutions required by and delivered for our Gas stations and Store Operations, including merchandising and marketing group, in the short term, loyalty and web site development.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Ensure all system control processes are followed and compliant with corporate policies.
- Lead solution design sessions for the purpose of enhancing business processes and operations.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams and charts to translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
System Analysis, Development & Support
- Collaborate in the design, development and deployment of applications and enhancements.
- Configure software scripts and programs to create new or enhance functionality.
- Work with infrastructure and software engineers in resolving software problems.
- Provide end-user support, release/upgrade management, testing, and user training.
- Support user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Define project scope, deliverables, timelines and resources that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary, communicate changes to project team and stakeholders.
- 3-5 years experience with retail systems.
- Experience with JDA or Intellifuel modules is a plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge of retail business process and operations
- Experience with coordinating and overseeing client deliverable products, including functional and/or technical specification and authoring documents and briefings
- Outstanding customer service & communication skills
Formal Education & Certification
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
- Preferred: Certifications in one or more of the following disciplines: ITIL, Six Sigma, Project Management, Business Analysis, Application or Infrastructure Design, Administration and Support.