The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for providing operational oversight of assigned UBC projects. The Sr. Project Manager will have a leading role in planning, coordinating and completing project work, and will work closely with external clients/sponsors, internal project team members, vendors, and suppliers to ensure satisfactory delivery of contracted services and achievement of contracted milestones for assigned projects. The Sr. Project Manager will ensure that projects are conducted in a timely manner to achieve project goals within defined budgets.
Specific Job Duties:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of multi-national projects
- Manage project towards meeting contracted milestones
- Serve as the primary contact with the sponsor for all study related items.
- Oversee all aspects of trial conduct from Study start-up through close-out
- Ensure project is conducted according to UBC and client SOPs
- Develop plans to achieve contracted milestones (i.e. project plan, risk management plan, site management & monitoring plan, training plan, communication plan, etc.)
- Monitor project progress against the established plans and ensure compliance with plans
- Manage project budget and resource expenditures including invoicing, analyzing cost variances and conducting revenue recognition.
- Supervise assigned project team members including Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Site Specialists, Regulatory Associates, Project Associates
- Provide operational input and participate in the design and review of study protocols, case report forms (CRFs), associated study documents and plans, monitoring plans, and regulatory submissions and reports in collaboration with project team
- Coordinate development of patient/subject consent forms and site/patient materials
- Prepare and participate in presentations to clients in Defence of proposals
- Provide input into client proposals in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a clinical, scientific or related field
- 5 years direct project management experience at a Contract Research Organisation (CRO)
- Knowledge of the key principles of cross functional project management
- Proficient in use of web based IT systems (e.g. CTMS or electronic Case Report Forms) and Microsoft (MS) Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organisation
- Working knowledge of both interventional clinical trials and observational studies
- Able to delegate, effectively prioritises own and workload of project team members
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations.