Responsible for oversight of the accounting and financialreporting function.
Reports to Executive Director of Finance.
High level of interaction with regional CFOs and Decision Support staff.
- Work directly with Executive Directors to exercise the overall vision and goals of the department
- Analyze and review monthly financial statements, articulate significant or unusual variances, and recommend corrective action based on analysis.
- Consistent interaction with affiliate organizations on managing monthly accounting functions.
- Timely response to questions from departmental leaders.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and UnityPoint Health general financial policies.
- Review and approve documentation prepared by accounting team for monthly financial statement preparation (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.).
- Provide regular feedback to Exec Director or Centralized Operations relative to the work quality of functional teams
- Responsible for research and documentation of proper accounting treatment for major transactions such as acquisitions or disposal of business lines.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of the G/L system and all systems which interface with G/L.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of regional annual operating budgets.
- Provide assistance to departments related to managing financial results within budgeted thresholds.
- Maintain a strong focus on process improvement opportunities and lead projects to increase the efficiency and/or effectiveness of the department.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities, be open and objective to other’s views, provide and welcome effective feedback, and desire to put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform special projects as requested by the Executive Director of Accounting.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality related to any secure protected health information derived during performance of job duties.
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide a high standard of customer service.
- Responsive to questions and inquiries.
- Five years experience in accounting and finance field, with health care related financeexperiencepreferred. A portion of these years must be at a management or supervisory level.
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles, financial statement presentation, and statistical presentation necessary to support accurate financialreporting.
- Strong analytical skillset with ability to interpret complex data.
- Ability to lead and develop staff members and provide appropriate developmental opportunities.
- Ability to thrive in changing working conditions, flexibility, and a strong skillset towards the creation of process improvements.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge on personal computers and Microsoft applications. Infor Lawson software experiencepreferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA or MBA preferred.
Requisition ID 2017-36622