District Manager - Chartwells Schools (K-12)
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That’s about 1.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells’ promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it’s our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
The District Manager is an experienced multi-unit level manager with experience to lead a team of foodservice managers within multiple school districts. Participates on a team and provides overall planning, direction, evaluation and control to assigned food service units to achieve operations and financial goals. Will provide guidance and motivation to the Director’s of Dining Services, Culinary Personnel as well as other Managers and associates. Establishes and maintains effective customer/client rapport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be well versed in all aspects of foodservice management, with a proven track record of success.
- Possess strong strategic thinking skills, with an emphasis on delivering and measuring action plans.
- Be proactive and positive; interact professionally with a diverse group of associates, peers, managers, suppliers, clients and customers.
- Embrace excellence in customer service both for internal and external customers; have excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment in assisting customers, clients, peers and subordinates.
- Have the ability to think quickly and accurately, be able to evaluate problems and make appropriate recommendations to person(s) involved.
- Have a high level of resilience during stressful periods and the ability to handle last minute changes.
- Responsible for managing K-12 accounts within a school district to ensure compliance with government and agency standards and to ensure profitability of the region.
- Attend foodservice committee meetings to understand the needs of the School District.
- Ensure consistent and fair administration of personnel policies.
- Manage planning, budget analysis and reporting for the District.
- Interprets and ensures compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines to promote their consistent application.
- Conducts operation audits of district units and designs improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity.
- Audits units to ensure conformance with the Company, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation and record keeping.
- Bachelor's degree, REQUIRED
- A minimum of three years multi-unit mid to senior level management experience, REQUIRED
- Five to seven years of management experience in K-12 foodservice, preferred
- Strong retail foodservice background, preferred
- Contract management experience, preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Financial and business acumen.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced spreadsheet and proficiency at learning software.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Job ID: NHC11021782920