Service Delivery Director (Quality Director) - Automotive
More information about this job
About the Role
The holder of this position has the primary objective of managing the delivery of assessment (quality assurance auditing) services within the Americas. The Service Delivery Director will exercise commercial acumen, taking the lead on managing client relationships and identifying market opportunities for actual and future business developments within the automotive industry (manufacturers or suppliers).
Working in conjunction with Commercial, Operational and Finance leadership teams, the Service Delivery Director also has ownership of sector specific revenue and gross profit targets, proposing and monitoring forecasts, budgets and strategic plans. Your background should include experiencewithin the automotive manufacturing industry within a leadership role. Experiencewith quality assurance or quality auditing is highly preferred.
- Periodic review of operational resource planning, defining quantity, mix and optimum locations of assessment services teams
- Reduction of hire-to-delivery lead-times (improve onboarding and training process)
- Expansion of assessor competence (e.g. deeper expertize knowledge and/or multi-scheme qualification) to improve assessment services value proposition and market differentiation and/or to optimize delivery flexibility
- Interact internally and externally to accelerate market penetration and assure business growth
- Improvement of service quality, reducing errors, technical failures, and rework
- Assure that all full time assessors availability are utilized to maximize efficiency, by working in collaboration with the Planning Manager
- Acting as an evangelist of our brand promise of “making excellence a habit” and guided by our business values
- Assure that clients are at the center of our management decisions
- Required to conduct frequent domestic and international travels within the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and any other country as needed.
- 50% traveling is expected (by land, air, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3-5years leadership experience (managing managers) within the automotive manufacturing industry
- Lead Assessor qualification or quality assurance experience inside specific industry is a plus
- MBA, MS, MA or any advanced degree is a plus
- At least 10 years of relevant progressive professional work experience
- Proven ability to achieve and deliver results through driving improvements in organizational effectiveness and performance with limited supervision
- Ability to read, understand and/or speak Spanish, French and/or Portuguese a plus