Sr. Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Job Description Specify, design, assemble, program, troubleshoot, validate, and optimize automated equipment used to manufacture medical devices. Primary responsibilities are the electrical aspects of equipment, but mechanical a plus. May also mentor or manage other engineers and technicians as well as developing standard practices and keeping up to date on industry standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Specifying, designing, assembly, programming, and troubleshooting of electrical systems for automated equipment. Includes Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), stepper and servo motors, safety circuits, and operator terminals. Allen Bradley experience recommended.
* May specify, design, assemble, and troubleshoot mechanical aspects of automated equipment if qualified. Solidworks drafting experience preferred.
* Writes and executes software validation protocols and reports which demonstrate that software functions as intended with a high level of confidence.
* Will aid other automation engineers with electrical or controls problems and design solutions.
* As a staff technical specialist, keeps abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new design programs warranted by such developments.
* Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of engineers or technicians and may be assisted on various engineering projects.
* May provide input and direction to management on various issues.
* Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- up to 50 lbs
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Fine motor skills
* Chemical vapors
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Educational experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Automation Engineering in manufacturing with ten years previous related experience.
* Must have a solid understanding of manufacturing automation engineering. Must be able to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests.
* Must have a strong understanding of electrical system design for automated equipment including safety circuits.
* Ability to independently apply analytical skills, complex scientific technical principles, and detailed knowledge in solving engineering problems and developing new products, techniques, or designs.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
* Working knowledge of United States and international standards as applicable to the department.