Harris Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team. This individual will provide engineering analysis to support mission development concepts and mission requirements to satisfy Air Force requirements on sustainment and modernization projects for ground based radars. As a systems engineer, you will perform technical analysis, modeling and simulation of space and missile sensor systems as well as advanced architectures and technology for the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and Missile Warning/Missile Defense (MW/MD) mission areas. This individual will perform radar system analysis in support of weapon system modifications and sustainment updates across the SENSOR program. The ideal candidate will have experience in the missile warning or missile defense system domains and have a general understanding of the systems and algorithmic processes utilized to track space objects with ground based radars.
Technical responsibilities include:
- Systems engineering tasks including: Conduct system and architecturetrade-studies, develop and analyze alternative design options, analyze life cycle cost impacts of design alternatives, perform mission engineering analyses and advanced concept development, perform modeling and simulation analyse to support validation of architecture design modifications and upgrades
- Use modeling and simulation analyses to support design validation
- Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts to enhance mission operations
- Support the development of technological concepts which improve system performance and mission capabilities
- Prepare and brief technical presentations at informal and formal meetings
- Provide technical peer review of key deliverables and milestones
- Write technical white papers, memorandums and reports
- Interact with engineering teams and customer to identify problems, perform failure analysis to root cause, and develop solutions to correct deficiencies
10+ years with BS/BA (Bachelors) or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 12+ years of Systems Engineeringexperience and knowledge of Systems Engineering processes
- 10+ years of DoD Life-Cycle engineering delivery experience
- 10+ years of direct experience with radar system architecture
- Experience with the systems engineering lifecycle of RF systems
- Experience with radar algorithm design and characterization
- Experience with radar performance simulation, modeling, and analysis
- Experience with radar signal processing methods and applications
- Experience with Python, MATLAB, or similar scriptinglanguage
- Familiarity with space mission operations
- Flexibility to travel for customer purposes
This position requires a Top Secret security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Code: SIS20171310-21397