Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
The Sales Representative is responsible for executing sales activities within the Birmingham, AL territory. This person will be working in a territory that includes over 100 grocery stores, and will work to promote various products, displays and promotional plans to those accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full salesresponsibilities in over 100 grocery stores.
- Arrange TPR windows and advertisements with independent headquarter sales accounts.
- Set up displays for promotions and advertisements.
- Building and maintaining positive trade relationships in order to promote sales.
- Pursuing new distribution opportunities.
- Maintaining sales call frequency.
- Providing excellent service to assigned sales accounts.
- Some overnight travelrequired.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- 3years of outside salesexperience (grocery experiencepreferred).
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong written, verbal, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Working computer knowledge of Microsoft Office.