The Retail Leasing Manager is primarily responsible for creating income and value for the company by leasing retail spaces to qualified tenants. The Retail Leasing Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Retail. He/She will work with the operations and development teams to strategically merchandise and improve occupancy throughout a portfolio of approximately 60 mixed use assets. He/She will qualify potential retail tenants on operational viability, and financial credit risk, negotiate economic deal terms, and work with attorneys on lease negotiations. Candidate must be a self-starter, a strong networker, and a team player with a positive attitude who is willing to support team efforts at every opportunity. He/She needs to be a problem solver with the ability to remain flexible and adapt to change.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Research competitive market demographics and consumer demographics, and canvas for prospective new tenants
- Manage 3rd party brokers where needed
- Deal making - negotiate leases, coordinate with attorneys and follow up from lease execution to store opening
- Maintain strong tenant and broker relationships
- Prepare lease request packages
- Work closely with developers (as well as architects, engineers and construction managers) to assist tenant coordination
- Analyze financial impact/feasibility of economics and other business terms
- Inform property/ project budgeting/forecasting
- Respond to all incoming leasing inquiries to capture opportunities
- Attend ICSC and othertrade association events
- Bachelor's Degreerequired; MBA and CLS specification a plus
- Minimum five years experience in leasing, preferably retail and restaurant leasing
- Strong deal sheet with good broker and tenant relationships
- Experience working with lawyers and lease negotiations; proven transaction record
- Asset management and/or operations experience/knowledge a plus
- Strong communication, sales and time management skills
AvalonBay conducts drug and background screening for all hires. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance and other applicable state and federal laws.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID 19247