The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents, correspondence and journals, financialreports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, troubleshooting, operating analytic instruments - GC, HPLC, DSC, Atomic furrance, etc. Ability to prepare reports analysis, policies and procedures. Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate to top management. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Problem Solving - Strong analytical skills; able to work through necessary channels and use quality diagnostic tools, involving efforts among government and internal customers to accomplish outcomes in complex settings.
- Ability to handle multiple duties simultaneously. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge in Word, Power Point, Excel, LIMS or similar lab data systems software.
- People Management - Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop talent, establish goals and hold employees accountable.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- The Lab Manager is responsible to Supervise the AO chemistry lab, systems, processes and personnel continuous improvement initiatives. Develops the Chemistry lab plans and budget and budget long-term and short-term goals.
- Leads the Chemistry Lab team by assigning accountability, defining objectives, developing understanding, providing the necessary tools and measuring performance.Develops and continuously improves the efficiency and effectiveness of AO chemistry lab operations, procedures, practices and processes, to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Plans, implements and controls a defect prevention oriented chemistry lab calibration and documentation systems, ensuring adherence to Federal State and Local laws and legal regulatory AO and customer requirements. Provide technical assistance as needed to internal and external customers when needed.Reviews and analyzes results, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives. Coordinates and interfaces with all AO departments.
- Establishes best-in-class operating practices and metrics. Tracks and communicates status regularly.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, priorities and scope of authority to Chemistry Lab team members.Facilitates communication among functions to support common objectives. Analyses trends in improvement metrics to determine support and action needed to correct unfavorable trends.
- Maintains a continuing liaison with customer personnel and agencies to ensure a positive understanding between the plant locations and their customers relative to chemistry lab systems and processes.Observes safety, environmental, and security procedures and takes immediate action to correct deficiencies. Completes performance appraisals and development commitments for self and direct reports.Creates and executes a succession planning process for the Chemistry lab function.
- Helps to solve problems with gages and chemical processes arising in various production situations and/or gaging operations. Contributes to the achievement of positive team results through objective two-way feedback, and balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to the AO Metrology lab and AO customers when needed
What’s In It For You?
- Candidates that are hired will receive a competitive base salary, 401k plus company match, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, paid time off, and the opportunity to work with a terrific team.
What You Need To Bring To The Table:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with concentration or major course work in Chemical, Industrial or otherEngineering discipline.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Quality, Chemical, or Engineering with experience in at least one of the stated functional areas or, any equivalent combination of experience and training that provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities. A minimum of five (5) years as an accountable leader, supervising personnel and working with a variety of diverse technical personnel with an ever-increasing level of responsibility is required.
- Certification as an ASQ Quality Engineer or ASQ Quality Manager is preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required
- Familiar with ANSI/ASTM chemical, testing and gaging standards. Must have an intimate knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and procedures of ISO Quality Systems and continuous improvement tools such as SPC, FMEA, and Control Plans. Must have the ability to exercise strong judgement in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature. Must have superb interpersonal skills and be able to immediately excel in applying AO’s performance factors/expectations. Must have the ability to use the computer as a management tool. Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Power Point required. Government Secret Clearance may be required.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now!
Essential Functions: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that employers analyze and document essential position functions for all positions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
These are the essential functions required for this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery)
- Balancing (e.g., maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching etc.)
- Stooping (e.g., bending the spine at the waist)
- Reaching (e.g., reaching arms or legs in any direction)
- Lifting motion or lifting objects more than ___ pounds
- Repetitive motions of any part of the body
- Kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Fingering (e.g., picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses the fingers
- Grasping (e.g., use of hand to apply pressure)
- Feeling (e.g., perceiving an objects size, shape, texture etc.)
- Climbing (e.g., ascending/descending ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps, pole etc. using feet and legs or hands/arms to climb)
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus over long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in [English] language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the [English] language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally (e.g., accurately, quick and loudly convey spoken instructions to workers)
- Expertise in any specific software required?(LIMS, instrument OS)
- Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company’s office or work site