What you'll do
Manages Asia strategies for Global Government Affairs by identifying key contacts (for example, foreign officials, policy influencers) within multilateral and Asian regional organizations and governments; gaining trust, understanding, and support from influential individuals within international markets (for example, governments, opinion leaders); overseeing the coordination of visits to Walmart domestic and international facilities, markets, and events by influential individuals; aligning Walmart's Asian strategy with political, economic, and social circumstances; guiding and collaborating with in-country associates on government affairs strategies; and responding to information and resource requests from internal stakeholders.
Manages and tracks government policymaking and reputation across Asian markets by developing and implementing government relations plans and programs; planning and coordinating events to contribute to policymaking and enhance reputation; reviewing, creating, and implementing tools for government and policy influencers; incorporating company strategic positions in government affairs strategy; writing executive support products (for example, geopolitical analysis memoranda and government affairs talking points); identifying and implementing ways to advance Walmart international strategy; ensuring and maintaining consistent Walmart government affairs and reputational messaging across markets; and developing proactive government affairs strategies.
Managesinternal and external coordination related to Walmart Global Government Affairs by serving as a point of contact to government officials and opinion leaders; recommending opportunities to position the company and its public policy priorities in or with regard to Asia (for example, through speeches andother public and private engagement); supporting senior executives to increase understanding, confidence, and effectiveness of executive engagement in government affairs and reputational platforms; and developinginternal written analysis, presentations, andother products for WalmartInternational senior executives and teams, Asian markets, and the Global Government Affairs and broader Corporate Affairsteam.
- Bachelor s degree in Journalism, International Relations, Political Science, Business, Economics, or related field and 4 years experience in corporate affairs, international business, or related field OR 6 years experience in corporate affairs, international Business, or related field.
• 2 years international corporate affairs experience, including overseas assignments.
• Project management experience related to government engagement, policy creation, and event organization.
• 2 years corporate experience involving government affairs and institutional affairs.
• 2 years’ experience in government, non-governmental organizations (NGO), or policy-related not-for-profit organizations or foundations.
• Business proficiency in regional language, especially Mandarin Chinese.