Supports operating units by implementing human resources programs and solving performance problems. Performs duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions.
Human Resource Management
Staff supervision and development
Key Job Responsibilities
* Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services.
* Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
* Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
* Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
* Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
* Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
* Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
* Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
Other Related Duties
* Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
* Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
* Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in psychology, sociology, business administration, or a related field.
* Eight to 10 years of human resources experience.
* Significant (5+ years) experience in a service industry with an emphasis in employee relations preferred.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
* PHR and/or SPHR or must be willing and able to become certified within one (1) year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Comprehensive experience (6+ years) in all areas of Human Resources Management (as an HR Generalist or higher)
Requisition ID: 117722