MDA Information Systems LLC has an immediate opening for a Senior RF/Signal Processing Engineer in our Reston, VA. location. This is a full-time customer-site position providing support to a US Government agency.
The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams on various technical projects associated with the core mission, and will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. Our engineers enjoy a flexible work environment, where contributions are recognized and rewarded. These positions provide an opportunity to work on projects that support some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. MDA employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. Our firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government.
MDA Information Systems LLC offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To be qualified candidate must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI Clearance with ability to pass CI Poly.
- Knowledge of RF hardware design, building, and testing.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage RF-related engineering projects
- Lead the systems engineering definition/executing activities within a project
- Provide a comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from mission analysis through verification/validation of system performance
- Build and prototype RF terrestrial
- Troubleshooting of RF technical collection systems
- Comfortable working in an advisory capacity (SETA).
- A Master’s degree in science, engineering or related, or equivalent experience
- Experience with non-coherent sources
- Significant experience designing, building, and testing RF hardware, signal processing systems, communication systems and adaptive control systems
- Extensive knowledge of the design and manufacturing processes of sensor systems
- Experience developing and integrating digital signal processing algorithms
- Experience using Matlab, Python and other signal processing tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with HAM radio is a plus
- Antenna design