Best Buy is one of the largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailers in the world with technology at its center. Best Buy may be known best known as a big-box consumer electronics brick and mortar retailer but it also runs a thriving digital business which attracts tens of millions of customers to its website and app every month
Best Buy is seeking an experienced IoT services Sr. Product Manager to help deliver digital experiences in support of our connected customers. This role will develop the Product Strategy and Roadmap for software applications targeted to home/retail customers that are differentiated and enable our experts to best support customers enjoyment of the technology they own.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a strong empathy for the customer and the ability to translate that into features
- Be an excellent communicator with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Be data-driven and work effectively in an agile environment
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to track roadmap items and deliver on schedule.
- Think and act both strategically and tactically.
- Be detail-oriented, self-motivated and follow-through on projects
- Ability to work within a highly-matrixed organization and can unite product, UX and development teams
- Have a deep understanding of e-commerce and/or customer facing mobile applications
- Ability to manage multiple product capabilities and prioritize new features based on customer need, industry trends, company strategy and ROI
In this role you will:
- Work closely with other team members and stakeholders, gathering user story detail to author critical documentation from user stories to feature acceptance testing criteria.
- Effectively translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver against our core customer value propositions and our company strategic and financial goals
- Ensure acceptance criteria has been achieved for all product user stories to include aligning requirements across product teams.
- Generate reporting and metrics to monitor and analyze product efficacy.
- Serve as product owner in agile processes, including sprint planning, daily standups, bug triage and retrospectives.
- Act as a leader within the team, driving high quality experiences and exploring what is possible within the evolving smart products and connected devices space
- Act as the main point of contact / partner for business and IT leadership
- Work within a matrix organization collaborating with business stakeholders, user experience (UX) teams, project managers, and other relevant business teams
- Analyze and provide reporting metrics to inform leadership of product growth
- 7 or more years in a fast-paced company in web, software or product delivery industries
- 4 or more years of experience as a Software Product Manager, or manager delivering digital based products, managing roadmaps, or equivalent progressive experience
- 3 or more years people management or other leadership experience
- Proven ability to articulate clear and concise requirements for new products and new features
- Proven ability to prioritize new feature launches based on competitive analysis, industry trends, emerging technologies, and company vision
- Proven ability to influence cross functional team(s) without formal authority
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs and ecosystems
- Familiarity with microservices, token-based authentication, and rules engines
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience and understanding of the software development cycle, design research and A/B testing methods, and web analytics
- Ability to understand basic and complex architectural diagrams and data flows
- Experience with varied production methodologies such as forms of Agile development and/or Lean Development
- Experience in an eCommerce organization
- Track record of project execution; completing and shipping excellent products on time and on budget
- Knowledge of user experience trends and digital consumer behaviors
- Familiarity with financial concepts and financial/budget management
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles with medium to large teams to achieve a common goal.