Telecommunication / Network Engineer - Sr
Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for overseeing and supporting network upgrade design, implementation, support and sustainment was well as perform network management, and oversee network operations support.
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
- Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
- Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
- Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
- In conjunction with functional users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
- Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards and progress in accordance with schedules.
- Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major network installations. Prepares milestone status reports, and deliveries/ presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Must have 10 years of telecommunications experience with at least 8years of local area networkexperience.
- Experience, particularly on complex applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis.
- Experience in managing the above activities.
- Experience in managing the evaluation and cost estimation of voice and data WAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing access and backbone networks using carrier services, or in managing the analysis and design of wireless voice or data networks (using private radio facilities or commercial services).
- Experience in telecommunications network design and management.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement.
- Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.