The Sr. Project Manager will work primarily with public sector clients in Cambria’s Southeast offices (Jackson, MS, Tallahassee, FL, and Atlanta, GA) with anticipated travel for client engagements in other states within the region. Primary responsibilities include delivery and oversight of technology solutions and management consulting projects in the Health and Humans Services industry, which includes frequent interactions with clients, building broad stakeholder networks, and developing high performing project teams to achieve business objectives.
This position will support business development activities by cultivating new client relationships and growing existing accounts. Additional responsibilities also include reviewing RFPs, writing proposals, identifying potential clients, and facilitating client and partner meetings.
The candidate should possess a strong track record of successful project management and the ability to be strategic in seeing opportunities to grow our markets, yet detailed oriented in managing existing projects. Travel to other states is anticipated and may require up to 100% travel dependent on practice and geography of project assignment.
- Responsible for multiple project assignments, project oversight, risk identification, issue resolution, staff and resource management, and communicating project progress to executive team
- Assumes a leadership role on assigned projects, coordinates resources and staff, provides guidance to team, and manages risks and issues
- Manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Meet with clients to refine and evaluate requirements, strategy and needs
- Leads cross-functional project teams, manages toward on-time / in scope completion, and ensures high-level client satisfaction
- Works with all firm and client stakeholders to identify and confirm necessary and right-fit resources assigned to project(s)
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Conducts regular project reviews and communicates the status of projects in both formal and informal settings
- Provides regular and timely feedback to team members and their respective managers
- Proactively identifies and resolves issues that may negatively impact a project or project deliverables, seeks innovative ways to remove project obstacles
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for the successful delivery of project(s) to our clients
- Collaborates with executives to develop and implement initiatives to further firm culture and employee engagement (e.g., employee surveys, change management)
- Engages with regional and office staff and actively supports firm events and outreach (e.g,, all staff meetings, company anniversary, holiday events, social gatherings, community outreach)
- Builds broad stakeholder networks through professional, business and community events and in collaboration with Cambria market and program leads
- Cultivates and models building new client relationships and grow existing accounts in collaboration with Cambria market and program leads
- Coordinate firm culture, communications and employee engagement initiatives for staff
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ of experience working as an IT project manager/technical team leader, leading information technology design, development, and implementation projects for federal, State and/or local government entities, specifically in health and human services
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ of experience providing business analysis services and support, including strategic planning, documentation of business processes, conducting feasibility studies, etc.
- Experience in reviewing RFPs, writing proposals, identifying potential clients, and facilitating client and partner meetings
- Current PMP from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (advanced degreepreferred) from an accredited University
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools; proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and Senior Leadership
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Current certification related to Scrum (e.g., Certified ScrumMaster® [CSM])
- Knowledge of otherAgile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Experience working in a matrix organization structure