Job DescriptionBranch Manager
The Branch Manager provides leadership and management oversight of the assigned branch location. Leads, directs, and coordinates activities to manage and attain required business outcomes through the implementation of business plans, financial controls and to ensure the business goals are attained by performing the following duties personally or through others.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
1. Provide leadership as is defined and will be measured as the clear ability to guide, direct and positively influence people to work effectively and productively to achieve the company's mission statement, cultural principles, and affirmative customer service while enhancing profit for the shareholders.
2. Maintain effective means of control of the business outcomes and customer service reputation of the location through personal oversight and involvement to coordinate the business within the location and by effectively working with subordinates.
3. Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in business operational shrewdness, good judgment, planning, communicating orally and in writing, business knowledge, and expertise within areas of responsibility.
4. Maintain strong financial oversight by ensuring timely and reasonable budgets are developed, anomalies in reports or financial statement line items are investigated and resolved and that company policies regarding controlling expenses to include reimbursement and spending are strictly followed.
5. Fully communicate and inform supervisor of all aspects of the branch's operational and financial affairs, and on all matters of significant relevance to the company.
6. Maintain a sound, effective organizational structure characterized by stability within the overall workforce while providing mentorship and leadership opportunities to high potential employee candidates for career advancement opportunities.
7. Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of business problems and progress by walking the locations and departments, being open to speaking with employees to determine morale, issues, and successes, the market segment and opportunities, any problems and to keep abreast of the facility upkeep needs to include facility repairs or replacements.
8. Work to make sure customer needs are met at the branch or within the company's network of affiliate business units. Ensure areas of responsibility (AORs) for doing business are respected and fully developed to accomplish maximum market penetration and outreach of the Rush brands.
* Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University.
* A minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company's insurance carrier.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled