About Expedia Global Payments:
The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is the primary provider of payment tools, systems, and support between Expedia, Inc. and its network of supply partners and consumers. We are the gatekeeper of money coming in and out of Expedia, Inc.
Why build your career at Expedia Global Payments (EGP)? We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
The EGP team is looking for a Senior Analyst, Reporting who brings intellectual curiosity with an analytical mindset and is passionate about delivering value. This role will require to understand reporting requirements for a wide variety of products, and will collaborate with designers and developers to drive requirements through to implementation.
The main objective of the products you will own is to provide the business partners with the insights they need for operational and strategic decision making, enabling them to lead and further improve EGP's performance and contribution to the financial objectives of the company. Products among others include billing, matching, invoicing, cash application, payments, and dispute management. A great teammate with superb communication and relationship building skills working across both technical and business teams, from developers to senior leaders in other words speak both the language of the Business and of (BI) Technology.
- Have a passion for delivering innovative solutions in a fast-paced agile development environment, with strong product management skills to guide work from concept to delivery.
- Be able to drive discussions with the business to understand the information / reporting needs , able to partner with team members to work through asks, conflicting priorities and ambiguity, creating clarity and focus for the team to deliver against.
- Understand how the business uses reports and how to translate that to a good design.
- Be customer-focused to drive customers toward what makes sense for the business, quick to understand business processes and models, and what drives value creation in these models.
- Understand data models and their relation to reporting functionality.
- Be a self-starter, actively searching for business reporting needs/opportunities and acting upon that.
- Have strong critical thinking skills; ability to see the "big picture" while also diving into the details where necessary.
- Have the technical skill to tie user requirements to source data and data relationships and communicate details to the development team for implementation.
- Act as the information liaison to the business, the first point of contact for data and reporting issues & needs. Develop a thorough understanding of business processes and how results are and should be quantified in order to measure the factors influencing performance, enabling the business to control and handle successful execution of their processes.
- Drive prioritization of output to ensure the required product is delivered to the business. Ensure requirements of all users are understood and documented in such ways that (a) the business can check accurate interpretation of their requirements, and (b) the development team understands what they need to build.
- Assist data modelers and developers in identifying data sources, relationships and logic needed to produce reporting product(s).
- Create mock-ups of reporting products, scorecards, dashboards, etc. using source data to provide visualization to the end user.
- Review product functional specifications to identify missing, incomplete, or incorrect requirements and work with appropriate partners to resolve.
- Closely collaborate with the development team through the development cycle to ensure what is developed meets the desired business requirements.
- Coordinate user-acceptance testing prior to deployment to ensure product(s) meet user operational requirements.
- Validate reporting product(s) after deployment to ensure they meet all operational and business requirements.
- Deliver training, support, and reporting product assistance to end customers as needed.
- 5+ years' relevant experience.
- High problem-solving skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under stress and tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, combined with a strong business acumen and understanding of core AP/AR and payment processes.
- Experience with front-end reporting tools such as SSRS (experience with the rest of the Microsoft SQL Server suite is a plus), Qlikview, Qliksense and Tableau
- Experience in analyzing and validating large volumes of data from different systems.
- Strong database query (TSQL) abilities.
- Advanced computer skills including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with data modeling and data warehousing a plus.
- Experience with Agile as well as waterfall methodologies a plus.
- BA/BS in related field.