Senior Research Scientist/I or II in Albany, NY
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Senior Research Scientist/I or II is an expert in one or more analytical techniques. The Scientist’s principal responsibility is the design, development, validation and implementation of analytical procedures. The Scientist is expected to provide significant contributions to the problems assigned, and to demonstrate an ability to solve problems. The Scientist is self-motivated and continually demonstrates initiative in handling responsibilities, and strives to do the job better. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as appropriate SOP’s.
- Present quality written documentation, notebooks, methods, validation reports, data reports and summaries. Contribute technically to the Company's web site.
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form on research results, issues, and plans.
- Act as a technical consultant: volunteer suggestions on analytical procedures. Perform literature searches to collect information from a spectrum of sources.
- Develop efficient, selective analytical procedures for assigned compounds. Process samples with developed method in an efficient manner.
- Possess laboratory skills which allow for the methods development and processing of samples of materials which are difficult to handle or analyze. Possess the accumulated knowledge to approach such materials efficiently and safely.
- Demonstrate proficiency in multiple techniques.
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services.
- Adapt to changing priorities such that productivity and efficiency is unaffected.
- Devise improved procedures for existing projects, as required. Originate novel ideas or approaches to other’s projects. Contribute suggestions on analytical procedures to coworkers.
- Manage workload and time to enable the incumbent to perform multiple projects effectively, and ensure all necessary paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
- Volunteer to assist with other tasks in the analytical function not directly related to specific projects.
- Discuss routinely with supervisor the status of the assigned programs and potential problems.
- Participate in self-development activities. Provide orientation and train new personnel on operating procedures and policies.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, or Masters with about 10 or more experience in other applicable natural science field, including pharmacy or equivalent industrial experience.
- Requires 2-6 years of experience developing/ validation of analytical methods for finished dosage forms.