Wabtec is seeking a Communications Engineer located in multple locations.
- Architect, engineer and design systems. Develop technical specifications.
- Test and integrate systems. Commission and cut to live service.
- Respond to RFI’s.
- Assist in planning.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss the best way to move projects forward.
- Participate in conference calls to discuss products and action plans.
- Prepare high-quality written reports and presentations.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet Xorail standards of quality.
- Travel to meet suppliers, customers and colleagues based in other offices
- Railroad experience strongly preferred.
- Experienced designer with expertise in two or more of the following sub-systems – networking (Ethernet, FO, routers, outside plant, inside plant), SCADA, RF, CCTV, Telephones, PA/VMS.
- Hands-on experienceengineering and designing such sub-systems including troubleshooting, testing and integrating, strongly preferred.
- Preference for field experience and also desk design experience i.e. can go wire it and troubleshoot in the field, as well as design the network in the office.
- Preference for individuals experienced in full lifecycle of a project from preliminary design, final design to field test and commissioning.
- Good thinking capability and work well with customers. Works well and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Engineeringdegree, preferred.
Working Conditions: Office environment with some travel to site locations throughout the U.S and abroad. Must be able to access construction sites, work along railways, and access railway tunnels and bridges.