Sarepta Therapeutics is looking for an Institution Support Manager (ISM) to manage target accounts for reimbursement, billing, and infusion set-up services with support staff. This is a field based position that will support the following states: WA, OR, MT, ND, SD, MN, IA, MO, NE, KS, OK, WI, MI, and IL.
- Serve as Expert for all infusion related issues associated with the targeted accounts. Intervene and problem solve with target accounts that need assistance managing issues related to product acquisition, including the pre-auth process, claims denial, submission of claims using miscellaneous product and procedure codes, introduction of new codes, ordering and overall management of getting product to patient. The Institutional Support Manager (ISM) will collaborate with DAM’s to:
- “Approve” infusion sites within target account practices, centers and departments
- Identify barriers to access within targeted accounts
- Conduct clinical in-services to the “buyer” (pharmacy, office manager, financial manager, etc.) to ensure understanding of product and product acquisition options
- Provide approved reimbursement resources to key accounts
- Support understanding of infusion capabilities within target accounts as needed
- Help coordinate and communicate infusion schedules for accounts
- Facilitate the relationship between the secondary providers and neurology infusion sites and the sales leadership team
- Serve as a Practice Resource in assigned regions
- Work Cross functionally with NADs, Case Managers, and DAMs
- Identify and help to develop payer advocates and supports NAD team on issues relating to medical policy development
- Manage process for addressing reimbursement issues at the local level
- Work closely with practice/office managers
- Discuss practice/office procedures
- Provide training on specific resources
- Educate accounts/offices on Sarepta
- Assist Sarepta distribution services
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from an accredited school required, MBA preferred
- 6-8 years of field experience in biotech industry required-preferably in orphan diseases
- Neuromuscular, Pediatric Neurology, Oncology, or other specialty experience preferred
- Possess a key understanding of IV infusion coding and reimbursement within multiple sites of care.
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments
- Demonstrates passion for improving DMD patient care delivery and strong customer orientation and insight
- Demonstrates team-based skills and is able to network across boundaries
- Embraces and adopts new technologies and techniques
- Highly competent in a multitude of IT capabilities to support the business needs
- Demonstrate active listening skills as a springboard for creating relevant value to customers and DMD stakeholders
- Product launch experience highly desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Embraces continuous learning/seeks knowledge
- Valid driver’s license and in good standing
- Ability to travel up to 60%
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.