Our mission at Pluralsight is to democratize professional technology learning. As a global leader in our space, we are improving people’s lives every day and helping businesses build their futures by giving them access to our platform. We are eternal optimists, entrepreneurs and truth seekers. Every decision we make is guided by our values, and every decision is made to drive business performance. We’re looking for positive, passionate, goal-driven people who thrive in a fast-paced environment. We offer a vibrant culture, competitive pay and loads of other perks.
The development team at Pluralsight works closely with our Product team to create a best-in-class customer experience online and expose millions more to the Pluralsight brand. One of the key features that our team focuses on is the Adaptive Assessments - a technology that unlocks access to key learning through the Pluralsight platform by allowing learners to identify gaps in their knowledge, in as few as 10 questions and 120 seconds.
As the leader in professional online developer and IT training, we are always looking for experienced, skilled, and passionate developers who craft quality solutions and will strengthen our team by bringing practices which are in line with our values and can work full time in our Boston office.
Our core values as a company:
- Truth seeking: we are a meritocracy
- Entrepreneurship: innovation and continual improvement
- Eternal optmism: we are eternal optimists
- Implement and maintain web components for our adaptive assessment platform
- Provide architectural, strategic and scale recommendations for both frontend and backend development
- Work closely with product and UX to provide valuable input into standards, layouts, navigational features, functional design, and usability
- Help us assure absolute stability in our product through continuous integration, staged releases and feature toggles
- Implement asynchronous messaging patterns to communicate between services
- Apply your experience in making intelligent, forward-thinking, technical decisions to our development process, including implementing new standards, tools, APIs, and workflows
- At least 5years experience building software for high traffic websites, using languages such as Python, Java, .NET, or Ruby
- Full stack experiencepreferred
- Experience with web frameworks and APIs
- Deep understanding of relational databases, NoSQL databases and other types of data stores
- Solid understanding of the Unix operating system and the issues related to developing large-scale systems using a Linux platform. Actual AWS DevOps and networking experience is a bonus.
- A firm grasp of modern testing principles
- Experience with microservices architecture a plus.
Technologies we create with:
- React and Redux
- Mocha, Chai and SinonJS
- Webpack, Yarn
- PostgreSQL (RDS), Cassandra and others
- Jenkins, Puppet
- RabbitMQ and Kafka
Special Consideration For:
- Full Stack Experience
- Continuous Delivery Experience
- DevOps mindset
Working At Pluralsight
We're committed to a values-driven culture here at Pluralsight and our mission inspires everything we do: