The Consumer and Community Banking Technology Production Management organization provides Chase customers a great customer experience “so they can” reach their goals and enjoy the meaningful moments in their lives. This organization is accountable for maintaining an “always available” production environment for all of our Chase businesses, including chase.com, retail branches, lending, customer service and support, and back office processes. This organization is responsible for over 50 million customer’s technology experience and over 3,000 software applications. This is a newly formed organization, which will be comprised of over 1,000 technical support and Management personnel working 24 x 7 across the globe to support our internal and external customers.
The CCB Mission Control Executive Director will be thought-leader, critical in supporting our market leading position by ensuring a consistent, always available customer experience. The successful candidate will be a key to delivering new market capability and delivering seamless experience changes to our customers in a real time environment. This position is global in reach, working with teams across the US, Singapore and India. Our organization is highly innovative, and technologies we rely upon are ever changing. Our teams are agile in nature, and are rapidly taking on new capabilities, tools and methods including Automation, DevOps, Continuous Integration and Cloud. Successful candidates will demonstrate technical acumen across a broad reach of technologies, and have the proven ability to adapt to an ever changing environment. The Director will be responsible for developing and operating a best in class mission control Applications Operations Team for the CCB line of business technology production environment.
The position will:
- Ø Lead a team of approximately 50-80+ resources
- Ø Champion the adoption of a DevOps mindset for the creation of an integrated Mission Control, with close collaboration across CCB production management.
- Ø Identify and plan for the transition of remaining Application Operations activity still residing within the business and AD communities.
- Ø Be a key contributor to building the production organization and transforming the environment from a distributed, LOB aligned function to a consolidated CCB function
- Be fully responsible for Mission Control Application Operations production management functions across the entire CCB production environment.
- Requires high levels of partnership and influence with AD teams
- Identify and partner with L2, Infrastructure, and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt.
- Identify and implement tooling enhancements, ensuring full visibility into the Mission Control environment and driving proactive identification and resolution of issues.
- Engage directly with senior technology leadership to resolve incidents and drive continuous improvement in the production environment
- Assist in the design and execution of transforming the current production environment and moving aggressively to target state encompassing greater efficiency, stability and effectiveness, as well as the identification of improvement opportunities.
This position will be responsible for Mission Control Application Operations production support functions across the CCB portfolio. This includes:
- Application Operations – deployment of application code through our standard change process
- Application change quality reviews and assessment - Manage the full portfolio of application change deployments for quality, urgency and readiness.
- Support application production incidents - participate in incidents requiring operations production access, assisting L2 and AD SMEs in driving MTTD and MTTR aggressively.
- Mission Control point of escalation during technically complex P1 issues to assist in resolution and restoring service, as required.
- Engaging with the PAC and Command Center to drive end to end improvements in incident response, incident management and service restoration.
- Assist in driving key automation efforts to reduce or eliminate manual effort in the deployment of application code changes and CCB continuous delivery efforts.
- Responsible for managing and developing a large team, varying in size from 50 – 80+ people, as the transition effort proceeds and the supported application portfolio grows.
Superior IT organizational management, talent management and relationship building skills, given extensive interfacing required with both senior members of the CCB business as well as IT executive management. Hands on manager, who can drive change, influence and lead across business and technology. Significant experience managing an end to end technology environment, including experience with software, hardware, desktop, utilities, and other infrastructure components. Proven experience delivering strategic IT programs, preferably in a DevOps, Cloud and Agile delivery environment.
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience and related management experience
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and implementing DevOps organizations
- Strong knowledge and experience across multiple platforms, including Cloud architecture
- Continuous Integration – participation in Agile teams to enable swift and secure continuous integration that is Production ready
- Application Optimization - in partnership with AD, identify redundant points of interaction, wasted resource consumption and proactively identify customer experience issues
- Resiliency – Engineer modern deployment methods and drive remediation of resiliency gaps, partner with Application Development to drive resolution, and own the acceptance of the result.
- Delivery –participate in architectural design reviews to ensure Production considerations and non-functional requirements are understood included in stories and definition of done.
- Experience in working with cross line of business teams, Outside Service Providers and Partner Organizations.
- Strong understanding of automation tooling such as: Jira, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Senior application development and/or production support experience
- Ability to influence and drive change at senior levels
- Leadership skills, drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship and negotiating skills
- Commitment to attract, develop and retain talent
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience of leading teams of similar size and complexity
- Experience in a client facing role (external or internal)
- Strong knowledge of applicable business areas, the supporting technology architecture, and applicable processes
- Strong knowledge of relevant applications and development of life cycles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Req #: 170069586