Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. Profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. Our innovative spirit and integrate technology platforms support our strategic focus on high-growthmegatrends in health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world. And that means a world of opportunities for you. There’s no better time than right now to build your future with us and be a part of our international team.
Provide technical process safety support services to Evonik Segment and Business Lines to meet their responsibility for designing, constructing, and operating safe chemical production processes. Participate in the development of safety concepts for Evonik’s existing production processes and new investment projects that achieve safe, environmentally sound and economically optimum chemical plants in compliance with applicable laws and codes. Responsible for self-management in order to achieve high utilization, meet customer demands, achieve customer satisfaction, and attract new process safety work. Mentors and technically guides less experienced process safety engineers.
- Provide and implement technical solutions and process safety support during investment projects to promote the design and construction of safe chemical production processes.
- Provide and implement technical solutions and process safety support to existing facilities to promote process safety throughout theentire plant lifecycle including startup, operation, modification, and decommissioning.
- Identify and recommend concepts for improving the process safety concept for existing Evonik process technologies or production processes.
- Provide effective and efficient facilitation of Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (HIRA) studies, Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), Facility Siting Analyses (FSA), etc.
- Perform process safety calculations related to the design of new emergency relief systems and/or to the evaluation of existing emergency relief system designs.
- Perform various process safety calculations related to dispersion analysis, flammability analysis, consequence modeling, etc.
- BS degree or higher in chemical engineering (MS or PhD in chemical engineering preferred).
- 6 - 8 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing and/or engineering role (10 – 15 year process experience preferred).
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in the process safety (5 – 10 years’ experience preferred).
- Knowledge of & prior experience with technical process safety topics and their application, including process hazard analysis, process safety management & related U.S. regulations, consequence analysis, emergency relief system design, etc.
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills; fluent in English.