Long established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission- accredited, 211 bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopedics program featuring Blue Distinction designation for hip and knee replacement.
- . Performs all functions of the General Technologist including patient testing, results reporting, and registration.
- Monitors the external Proficiency Testing Program
- Handles and problems/complaints from physicians, patients, and clients.
- Reviews, evaluates and monitors quality control programs of laboratory
- Ensures that all preventative maintenance/repairs are completed.
- Ensures that the lab is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and accreditation standards.
- Prepares lab for any inspections.
- Review Outstanding Specimen Reports for each department for each shift.
- Oversees new employee training
- Assist in updates and maintenance of LIS
- AS/BS Degree from accredited university, or equivalent, preferably with a Medical Technologyinternship at an affiliated hospital or equivalent. Microbiology and Blood Bank Section Heads preferably BS degree in Medical Technology.
- Preferably registered by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. (Bacteriology Section Head BLS exempt).
- Preferably three to five years of experience in Section Head discipline.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to perform work that requires prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking
- MT with three years of experience, MLT with five years of experience, certified preferably by ASCP. Section Head Disciplines: Blood Bank, Point of Care Testing and New Hire training
Last Edited: 10/02/2017